At the moment, more and more states are looking into to allowing the use of both medical and recreational cannabis. In states that recreational use has been allowed, growing pots at home are also permitted. The federal government has set the limit of growing 4 plants in one household. If you are a new cultivator, one good method to use is using bulk feminized marijuana seeds to increase yield production.
With the help of technology, modern-day research, and even the internet, it has been a whole lot easier for cannabis cultivation at home. You can easily look up for ways to help you with seed germination up to yield production.
One interesting method that cultivators use is feminizing cannabis seeds using Aspirin. This may seem surprising for some, but some cultivators are ready to back this method up. If you’re also interested in how to feminize your marijuana seeds using aspirin, then you have come to the right place.
Using Aspirin on Bulk Feminized Marijuana Seeds
If you are thinking that the idea of using Aspirin for your plant is completely out of this world, it’s actually not. In making sure that the plant will give off buds, aspirin can be used for bulk feminized marijuana seeds. Here are a few ways on how to do it for both female and male cannabis plant.
Aspirin for Male Cannabis Plant
- Go for regular seeds as this will give you both female and male seeds. For this method, using male seeds is very helpful in making feminized seeds.
- Feed the male cannabis plant with aspirin, give it to them just like how you would normally give nutrients. You can go with any Aspirin brand that you like but always go for the uncoated type.
- After the flowering stage, feed the male cannabis plant with 1 crushed 80mg tablet every 3 weeks.
- Following the Aspirin treatment, the male hormones of the cannabis plant will change drastically. When you see that both your male and female plant are ready for fertilization (pollen sacs are swollen for the male and female pistils are fat and large for the female cannabis plant) you can begin the mating process.
- Get yourself a wet, brown paper bag and put it on the male branch. Tightly secure the opening of the bag by tying a rubber band in it.
- Shake the bag for 15 minutes and take it to the female branch after. Tighten the opening again and wait for the paper bag to dry.
- Once it dries, shake the bag for another 30 minutes. Your female plant should be fertilized, you should wait for a few days to feminized seeds to ripen.
Aspirin for Female Cannabis Plants
- Use uncoated aspirin, 2 aspirins per gallon and use it to water the female cannabis plant for 3 consecutive waterings at the beginning of the flowering stage.
- A few weeks after, expect to see pollen sacs to develop and you will see that it is filled with feminized pollens.
- One downside of this method is that you have to prepare yourself once the pollen sacs are ready to open, it’s will also be harvest time, so you have to be quick.
Advantages of Using Aspirin Water for your Cannabis Plants
The idea of using Aspirin may seem like a relatively new concept for some cultivators, some veteran cultivators already use this method. Think of your Cannabis plant like any other living creature in this planet, it needs certain types of nutrition to ensure survival and to strengthen its immune system That is exactly how Aspirin works for them, it gives them a better immune system that allows them to be healthier.
Gets rid of pests and diseases
Cultivators use 1.5 (about 81g) of uncoated Aspirin tablet in 2 gallons of water and add 2 tablespoons of Yucca extract to make certain that your aspirin water will stick to leaves. If you don’t have Yucca extract at home, you can use a mild liquid soap as an alternative.
Schedule your Aspirin water treatment spray once in every three weeks. After a few weeks, expect your plant to be huge and of luscious green color. You also would not see any insects flying around the growing area. Certain diseases that are normally acquired by the Cannabis plant is also not seen during this time.
Improves Seed Germination
You can spray the aspirin water directly on cannabis seeds sowed to the ground. The result of this is a 100% seed germination from the seed bed. It has been proven that the salicylic acid which is known as the main component in Aspirin, helps the cannabis plant to release its natural defense against viruses, bacteria, and harmful fungi.
Aspirin water has made the cannabis cultivation more sustainable regardless of the environment the seeds are planted on. It gives the cannabis seeds an extra layer of protection during their most vulnerable stage.
Reduces the need for synthetic pesticides
Aspirin water has been known to know to help in the plants Systems Acquired Resistance effect (SAR). By using Aspirin water not only helps the plant build a stronger immune system against possible pests and diseases, but it also is beneficial for the cannabis plant to fight off any unwanted stress. By using Aspirin water on your cannabis plant, it helps them from too much stress that will cause them to wilt or not to reach maturity wherein buds can be harvested.
Using Aspirin water on your cannabis plant can be beneficial for you and your plant. You’re giving the plant an extra defense against possible diseases and you won’t need to use any harmful pesticides. Unfortunately, using Aspirin water has not completely undergone full scientific research.
We only have experienced cultivators who have used this method in growing their own marijuana plant. Most of them have gotten the results they wanted, one of which is an easier method to feminize cannabis seeds.
But this Aspirin method is definitely worth a try if you are keen of growing your own marijuana garden as this has given a lot of positive feedback and more and more cultivators are joining the bandwagon and we think you should too.